|QStride is a Top100 ranked technology solutions provider! We are focused on delivering the best Information Technology talent and technology solutions for businesses. QStride understands what it takes to help businesses solve problems and sustain a competitive advantage and is why QStride is recognized by its customers as a leader in what it does.
The key to QStride's success story is its people. We are built on a foundation of world class talent and believe our employees are our best asset. QStride is continuously seeking to acquire high caliber talent which will contribute towards the continual growth, innovation, and advancing our and our customers mission.
Learn more about QStride by watching this video, which includes client and consultant testimonials!
About the Gig:
Our client is looking for a Senior Cloud Systems Engineer who will be responsible for overseeing overall strategy, architecture and design of Infrastructure As a Service offering. You will develop and coordinate cloud architecture, drive a cloud strategy and coordinate the expansion of Cloud division. This person will serve as the subject matter expert for cloud transformation and should have a deep understanding of public cloud architecture, adoption patterns, and cloud providers. IAAS, PAAS, knowledge is strict requirement. You will have breadth across technology stacks while leveraging a deep hand on skill set evaluating and recommending solutions in partnership with engineering and development teams throughout the organization. Technology focus will involve both on premise and external cloud environments.
Senior Cloud Systems Engineer Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop our target state cloud architecture and supporting organization model along with the platform roadmap required to achieve that target state.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify strategic cloud adoption requirements.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud technologies across multiple disciplines.
- Drive cloud/ technology discussions and facilitate decision with other teams within the organization.
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, usability design standards, etc.
- Work closely with Network, Compliance, and Accounting.
- Work with product owners and other functional teams to translate the roadmap into releases.
- Working knowledge of OnApp, Seph, KVM/XEN, and other cloud service technologies.
- Keep abreast of and gain expertise in the evolving technology and understand how new technologies could be applied to our Cloud offering.
- Research, test and understand the value of a containerized cloud offerings. Hands on and technical knowledge of the major public cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Working knowledge and understanding of current Cloud Computing technologies, strategies and solutions.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively and influence stakeholders on internal engineering teams, software development teams and strategic vendors.
- Deep expertise in cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture.
- Experience in creating cloud architecture and roadmaps for both hybrid and non-hybrid cloud solutions.
- Knowledge of infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation.
- Experience with networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
- Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
- Must be a self-starter, capable of working independently and within a team.
- Scripting and / or programming experience.
- Must possess a minimum of Three Years experience (same or related field).
- Bachelors Degree is required.
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed.